Thursday, November 30, 2006

Licence to wed

Yesterday I had the day off. Dave and I took a trek to the county government complex. After finding the right building, we were sworn to tell the truth, and handed over thirty bucks. We had to say who we were, and that we were not blood related. We also had to answer who our parents are, where they were born and where they now live. I got to use the word deceased. (yeah) With that, Dave and I were given a licence to wed. Starting today, and until January 29th, we can get married in DuPage County. Of course we will wait until the 7th of January, but how exciting is that!?! This picture is Dave with Abby, our Jack Russell, our daughter. Can you see a little bit of why I love him in this photo? I can.

2 comments:

Janus Torrell said...

It looks like Dave is practicing his dancing for his reception. At least he can't step on Abby's feet that way.

Anonymous said...

Shelley,

Congratulations on your pending nuptials. Thanks for visiting my blog.