Sunday, November 12, 2006

Friday, December 16, 2005

Mom is dying
Mom is dying

Just so you know, my mom really is dying. This is a photo of us from way back when...

Back in September of 2004, she was diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis and put on oxygen. Recently, she has gotten so bad that she is now bedridden and on morphine. She has a catheter so she doesn't have to move around much. Everything she does takes her breath away.

As a Christmas gift, (material things are useless, she can not take them with her) I am taking a leave of abscence from work and will be staying with her overnights to care for her needs in the middle of the night. This will give my dad and sister a break, so they can actually get some rest. Dont forget that I am a night owl, the hours only slightly vary...

I don't really want people's sympathy, just their understanding. Oh, and jokes are good too.

I plan on having a Merry Christmas, maybe my best one ever. Think about that.

No comments: