Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Holiday reflections


Kodak makes a pretty neat camera. It is very user friendly. So much so that I did not need to read the manual to read it. The software is the same. I was able to take this picture of Megan and Rugby and turn it into a cartoon. I miss my sister. She seems to be keeping herself pretty busy in Kenosha. I seem to be keeping myself pretty busy here. It's amazing how the holidays make us think of those we miss. Megan misses Rugby, I am very sure.

Thanksgiving came and went without many tears on my part. Yesterday at work I had a flashback of Mom. That was tough, remembering her asking if this was the end, if it was time to say goodbye. I cannot forget the look in her eyes. Then I remember how she isn't here, how she won't be here; not for Christmas, not for my wedding, not ever. That is when I miss my family the most. They remind me of good, living times with Mom. They keep going, keep loving, keep living, keep Mom in their hearts. That is what Mom would want. She wants us to be happy, to live our lives to the max. To party hearty, and dance all night long. So while I am gonna miss Mom at my wedding, I want to throw a party to make her proud. I am gonna do it surrounded by everyone that I love (that can make it anyway) and dance all night long. Ok, Dave, we will leave early. If I learned one thing from my mom, its not to follow her example with everything she did. I promise we won't be the last ones at the reception.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, dancing all night away is more fun when you can dance. I like to leave earlier so I don't embarrass myself with bad footwork much longer than I have to and to get away from a long party and this way Kel can clean up instead.

Dave

Shelley said...

Whoever said you cannot dance? Babe, you dance just fine. Its not about how you look, but how you feel. Have fun!
And I know the best part about leaving early is the wedding night part!