Sunday, November 12, 2006

Friday, September 8, 2006

More evidence that the Almighty answers prayers
More evidence that the Almighty answers prayers

I hate to admit it, but my finances are not in tip-top shape right now. I know that when I write my check to the church to tithe, I could be paying other bills off. But it is that important to me to give my firstfruits to God. I sign my check saying "Ok God, I trust you, you will provide... Jehovah Jireh!" I get to the last few bills and realize not only is the account dwindeling, but so are the number of checks I have, and that means spending money to order checks. I decide who can wait until I get more checks (please no emails about e-pay and online banking stuff, I like writing checks.) After a trip to the grocery store, it turns out I was also deciding who will wait to get paid. I picked the bill with the latest due date, so it still is not yet late.

Upon arrival at work - good news! We will be getting bonus checks tommorow! Yipee! How many times have I been short recently and I turn and say "God, I know that somehow, you will come through for me" and he has? I cannot count.

God has come through for me daily, sometimes several times a day. Sometimes it is just in a hug or smile from the right person at the right time. God answers my prayers in wierd ways, His ways. His path is right and I trust him to guide me. I was reading in Proverbs and found this verse so appropriate: "The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?" (Ch20 V24 NLT)What this means to me is that I should not have to worry or dig too deep when I do not understand what is going on in my life, but trust that the Lord is with me, directing me, leading me to His purpose.

The greatest lesson I have learned is that something horrible happening can end up being one of the most wonderful things to happen. My mom got really sick and died. I came back to God, so did Becky and Dave. I was able to heal wounds with my mom, and she was able to heal a lot of her own. I was able to get closer to my sister than ever possible. This has all lead to new things in my life, new outlook on everything. I have personally experienced the ressurection power of Christ Jesus that Paul talks about in Philipians 3:10-11. (Shout out to Alpha II classmates!)

I was in counceling. I have not had to go back. God has met all of my needs. Why? Because I have a personal relationship with him, and I surrendered myself to HIS will. I encourage you to call upon the LORD, take your broken heart to him to heal. Psalm 17 verse 6-7 NLT reads "I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray. Show me your unfailing love in wonderful ways.By your mighty power you rescue those who seek refuge..."

Oh yes, and it may seem when you pray that God is "out to lunch" or doesn't care about your prayers. Know that His timing is perfect, and while you may want it NOW, God knows what you need, when you need it. Sometimes "you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you'll find, you get what you need" to quote the Rolling Stones.

I cannot praise Him and thank Him enough. God, you are so awesome.

No comments: