Sunday, November 12, 2006

Friday, November 3, 2006

My new sister-in-law-to-be has a thing for bees
My new sister-in-law-to-be has a thing for bees
If any of you know me, you know my phobia. Bees. Wasps, yellow and black buzzing things that sting, whatever you call them. I hate bees. Kelly, Dave's sister, loves bees. She bought her dog this costume. Of course, she had to put it on to show to me when I was out on Wednesday. On the dog, not herself. This picture isn't Kel's dog, but you get the idea. Kelly has two seperate bee tatoos. That is how much she loves bees.

Other than that, we get along great. I have to admit, I dressed up as a spelling bee one year for halloween. (Bee costume plus dictionary equals... get it now?) Anyway we really hit it off, I tried on gowns for the wedding, she tried to bust me, but I don't play into that. Then we went out for pizza. Finally someone I can order a pizza with! We both had salads and pizza, then talked about a lot of stuff, and even woman stuff. We even both busted on Dave for picking bow ties, but we set him straight. Its an ascot, not a regular tie... who leaves fashion to straight guys anyway?

I came home feeling good. I am not just getting a husband, but a whole family. A new mom, dad, brother, and something I always wanted... an older sister. Don't worry Dave, we are not in on a mega conspiracy against you. We just bonded, and that should make you feel good. I feel great being loved by his family, and not just him. Thank you, thank you Dave for giving me love, as well as another family I can settle into. Bees and all.

No comments: