Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Back to work, cough cough


Well, I made it back to work today. I practically lost a lung in the car on the way in. I decided that my fridge was desperately empty, so I went to the grocery store before work. That made me "work" before work. I was feeling fine when I woke up, but what I forget is as soon as I do something active my lungs cannot handle it. My first patient came and I couldn't even make it through the exam without coughing. Thank God it was a relatively slow night, and my co-workers helped me out in the OR. I could not make it some days without their compassion. Thanks to all my compassionate co-workers, I love you guys.

I love my job, I love what I do. The thing that gets me sometimes is that sometimes some people do not want anyone else to have a good night. Do you know those type of people who are miserable, so they want the rest of the world to be miserable with them? Sometimes I have to deal with people like that. Not everyday, but you would think that people would want work to be a pleasant environment... Oh, I give up. Some people never change. It is not my job to change them, only they and God can do that. I just need to learn how to deal with my frustrated emotions.

Cough, cough.

Busy day tomorrow... I have my first fitting with the seamstress for my wedding dress. Then, an appointment with the counselor for our pre-marital counseling. After that, I will head off to Alpha for dinner and a movie. Dave is going to the doctor tomorrow. I think he caught my cold, plus he still has vertigo. If he is not up for Alpha, I might not go and just spend the night resting, because I probably need it too.

1 comment:

Janus Torrell said...

I never thought I would say it, but I miss work.