Sunday, November 12, 2006

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Pain
Pain

Sometimes you have to absorb the pain. I have been feeling it radiate into me, from me, and all around me.

Maybe its the dogs being around, and the memories of Mom.

Maybe its the fact that I could so go on Jerry Springer right now and confront my daddy.

The pain is constant. I would describe it as a dull ache underneath my breastbone that goes up and down my spine and through all my bones and around my face. Mostly it resides in my heart. On occasion it wells up behind my eyes and oozes out as tears. When that happens, I feel as if my very soul aches.

Jesus knew pain. He knew hurt. His chosen people were to bring him to execution. Jesus said "My soul is very sorrowful, even to death." (Mark 14:34) In fact, he was so anguished that according to Luke, he sweat so profusely it was like blood falling to the ground.

My Savior knew my pain, he understood. Infact, I think his suffering must have been worse than mine. He took all of the world's sins, all the world's pain, and left it at Cavalry.

God could have just left it there, but no, he sent us a comforter in the Holy Spirit. When I am in pain, it is so hard to remember that I have the Holy Spirit with me always. I'll just keep praying, try to let Him wrap His loving arms around me.

No comments: