Sunday, November 12, 2006

Monday, September 18, 2006

Dad treks across the US
Dad treks across the US

Thought that you all would get a kick out of my dad on vacation. Here he is at Little Big Horn in Montana. Site of Custer's Last Stand. He is posing in his biking gear near the marker for where a Native American warrior fell. As you can tell, he is still the dork he always was. Dad and YOLA biked a 5 mile course, thus the biking gear.

I remember when my family went out there years ago. It was one of the best trips I ever took. Even though all you see is a field, my imagination was spiked. Still I carry this torch inside me for history (despite failing as a history major.) Dave and I toured many Civil War battlegrouds last October. (My personal favorite being Cold Harbor- you can feel the loss of life still in the earth, overwhelming and spectacular all at once. I cried, of course.)

The more I found out about Custer, the more I felt sorry for him. He did some great things in the Civil War, but then he had to go out west and take care of the injun problem. Almost wished that he could have died as a hero of the Civil War, instead of the killer of indians.

I may not see the Big Picture about all this. I know God has plans that exceed even our greatest expectations. It still hurts. I know He is strongest in my weakness, so I wipe away the tears.

On a brighter note, New Fall Season on TV kicks off tommorow!Here is what I am taping, for all of your inquiring minds!

Tuesday- House on Fox and Boston Legal on ABC

Wednesday- Justice on Fox (new show, checkin it out)

Thursday- My Name is Earl on NBC, Grey's Anatomy on ABC, ER on NBC

Sunday- Desperate Housewives on ABC followed by Brothers and Sisters, a new show I am not sure if I will like but its easy enough to tape.

Have a great week!

follow up... Brothers and Sisters was a nap... haven't been taping Boston Legal
DOH!
I forgot to hit a little button on my remote, and will not be taping my shows tonight! So sad!
Tuesday September 19, 2006

No comments: