Sunday, November 12, 2006

Wednesday, September 6, 2006

One vacation ends, one begins
One vacation ends, one begins

Last day of my "vacation." Where did I go? Hmm, I was adventurous and went as far as Naperville, Davis Junction, Sublette, Rochelle and Elkhorn Wisconsin. Does it count as vacation if I visit the Employee Health doctor? Well I did, and got cleared to work with no restrictions. That should make my boss and co-workers happy. I will blog about my day with God, but I have to get those pictures uploaded to the computer. Instead, I will treat you to something amazing about my evening.

After visiting the doctor, and my appointment with God, I went to my dad's house. There I mostly went through her pictures on her computer and uploaded them to my Yahoo photos account. Dave and I walked Daisy and Rugby then went home to wash up. We actually went out for dinner with Dad and YOLA. That would be the woman he is dating. (She is not pictured above, that would be my mom... oh and Daisy is in the photo too. The guy would be Dad.)

I never thought that I would be sitting across the table from Dad and another woman. I am still not sure how I feel about it. The big accomplishment here is that I did it. I survived! I did not come home bawling or upset. I am just letting it all soak in. On Saturday, Dad is leaving for a 2 week vacation ... with YOLA to tour some of the US. Yola is originally from Poland. She was the woman we hired to help us care for Mom near the end.

If you seem lost, refer to my previous posts.

I feel like shrugging. It drove me nuts when its all Mom could do, but it is how I feel, and now I understand.

Should have plenty adventures in the next few weeks with 2 additional dogs in the house. That makes the grand total 3 dogs, 1 cat, 1 hamster, 1 boyfriend (HA HA HA HA HA!) Good news is I can drop off the extra dogs when I am not home at Papa's house. We made him a grandfather because they are my only children so far.

In the meantime, remind me to upload my palm photos and then maybe I can take more! The party is just getting started!

I told YOLA to make Dad check in with me from time to time. Someone has to. She might be good for something...

No comments: