Sunday, November 12, 2006

Saturday, September 30, 2006

This much, at least, I've figured out. I know this much is true.
This much, at least, I've figured out.  I know this much is true.
"I am not a smart man, particularly, but one day, at long last, I stumbled from the dark woods of my own, and my family's, and my country's past, holding in my hands these truths: that love grows from the rich loam of forgiveness; that mongrels make good dogs; that the evidence of God exists in the roundness of things.
This much, at least, I've figured out. I know this much is true."

Wally Lamb has this terrific book "I know this much is true."

I finished reading it the other day, and just knew I had to blog on it. First of all, the thing that drew me to it was the fact that it was 897 pages long. I was in the library, and it called to me. Something on the back read "non-stop reading" so I took it home. The back cover did not lie. I was drawn into the life of Dominick. I related so much to him, not on an equal level, but the writing was such that I could have been him. I have to defend myself, I am not an Oprah fan, but she reccomends this book, its part of her book club. I have on occasion been lead astray by Oprah, but not this time. Not that Oprah influenced the picking out of the book, I only saw the giant "O" when I was checking out at the library.

When I was going through Mom's stuff, I ran into a sheet of paper that is probably one of the best things ever. Its written on a square note page from some bank that probably doesn't exist anymore.

1Peter 1:18 God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors... HE DID THIS FOR YOU!

Every day, God proves how big He is... bigger than I can conceive. He gives me the strength to overcome the empty life I inherited, and walk into the loving arms of the Unchanging One... the One that does not break promises, the One that gives me GRACE and TRUTH to get me through this life into eternity with HIM. Into the loving arms of Christ.

This much, at least, I've figured out. I know this much is true.

No comments: