Sunday, November 12, 2006

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Ican gets ready for the Oscars
Ican gets ready for the Oscars

I look forward to the Oscars every year. I am just a regular movie fan. Did not get to the theatres as much as I wanted to in 2005. Hopefully this will help you if you are trying to see a good Oscar possibility.

Of note, my mom did the artwork attached to the blog today. It is titled "Breathe"

I will list the 25 movies you should see before Oscars according to Entertainment Weekly magazine followed by my comments in parenthesis:

1 Brokeback Mountain (yeah, i always wanted to see a gay cowboy movie, not.)
2 Good Night, and Good Luck (actually directed by George Clooney, looks interesting, but never got to see it, was hoping to rent it)
3 Crash (I was told to see it, just havent been able to concentrate enough to watch a deep movie, is on my must rent list)
4 Capote (Always liked Phillip Seymour Hoffman, not sure i want to see a movie about capote... another rental)
5 Munich (did not really find interest in bombing story or another Spielburg film, lets see if The Academy does)
6 Walk the Line (not a Johnny Cash fan, not interested. Not enough of a Joaquin Phoenix fan either)
7 Cinderella man (another fricking boxing movie, not ready. To tell you the truth, I am also sick of Russell Crowe)
8 Syriana (sounds too complicated and political, next!)
9 A History of Violence (dont know much about it, but im sure there is a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long history)
10 The constant Gardener (never heard of it until I got the magazine, but got my interest)
11 Transamerica (desperate housewife is desperate enough to play a transgendered person....no thanks)
12 North Country (never got my attention)
13 Memoirs of a Geisha (yeah, how many prostitute movies are there? The sad part is that I saw a fragrance called after the movie. who wants to smell like a geisha girl? Why are they glorified? Damn Hollywood)
14 Pride and Predjudice (I will get around to seeing this movie after I see the first one, and the damn Jane Eyre one. Hint:dont hold your breath. I might rent this if I need to fall asleep)
15 MatchPoint (Can't remember a damn thing about this movie. Sounds like a dating show, oh yeah, some tennis thing... rental!)
16 Mrs Henderson Presents (never heard of it, would be more fun if it was Mrs. Robinson)
17 King Kong (no thanks, I saw jurassic park 3, but might rent it. Jack Black playing someone who isnt a drugged up unshaven guy?)
18 Hustle and Flow (Yeah, a pimp movie! I must do a double feature with this one and Geisha.... NOT! Can you smell the sarcasm here or is it just me?)
19 The Squid and the Whale (ok, if you want me to see this touching story about divorce, dont name your movie something stupid to make me NOT want to see it)
20 Junebug (must be some summer chick flick that is too deep for me to have heard of)
21 The Upside of Anger (like we would watch a movie about the downside? Oh yeah, thats every other damn drama. Um, I never heard of this one either)
22 The 40-year old Virgin (I couldnt stand the commercials, so I never saw it. I hear its funny)
23 Cache (some damn foreign language film)
24 Shopgirl (something tells me this isn't a superhero movie, but perhaps a title suited to Jennifer Aniston)
25 The Chronicles of Narnia (I actually saw this one, and agree. It rocks. I told this girl Sara that Aslan was the best animated lion ever. She said that Simba doesn't even come close. I agreed.)

No comments: