Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Community


Recently, I have been really exposed to a fact of life. You cannot grow without community. People that love you, accept you, and encourage you. People that are not afraid to tell you the truth, but do it because they love you, not to hurt you.

What you do as a member of this community can profoundly affect other people.

Last night, my friends, my community, told me that I had done that. I made a profound difference in their lives. I was not just there for the good times, but words I spoke and actions I took showed them love and truth. It felt so good. I was embarrassed, but proud at the same time.

I have grown, I make a difference, I help others to grow.

Now I cannot wait to grow my community, to get closer to those I love. They help me just as much as I help them. Now I live life the way I do, I wouldn't do it any other way. God is soooooo good!

3 comments:

Neo said...

XRC - Society needs more of that these days. Most people are so self-absorbed in their own worlds they never look up to see there is a world around them.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

Snaggle Tooth said...

Even in this blog community, it's easy to tell you are a caring person!

Shelley said...

Aww thanks snagg! (blush)
Neo, why do you think the world is asleep?