Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Phoebe says hi


This is my cat Phoebe. Yesterday I was on the phone with my aunt, and I put the cat up to the phone and she sniffs it, loudly. I used to do this all the time to my mom. I am sure it drove her nuts, but she always put up with it. I didn't have any children to talk to "Granny" just my pets, and the dog doesn't talk on the phone.

I am sure my aunt was just as irritated, but we talked about my mom. Just like her, she was really nice about it, and we had a good laugh. We both miss my mom. Talking on the phone with her was a near daily joy, one that both of us miss immensely. Somehow, talking with my aunt fills that gap. I know it helps us both to grieve her.

Now I get to hear my aunt getting ready for my cousin's wedding, and I wish my mom got to do some of that for me. Okay, when I think about it, I don't. My mom was always high-strung. I really like the way it happened for me. I had wonderful friends that swept in like magic fairies and decorated for me at my wedding. That still doesn't make me not nostalgic for Mom.

I am getting more and more okay with it. Phoebe however, still misses talking on the phone with Granny.

2 comments:

Neo said...

XRC - Wow, that's a big kitty cat! I talk to my Cody and make him meow into the phone. It's so cute, I'll say to him. "Do you love me Cody?" And he'll reply back. Meow!

Sorry about your mom, only time can help with that kind of pain. She'll always be in your heart though.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

Snaggle Tooth said...

Gorgeous Kitty! I have 2-sisters, Mischief n Turtle, 7 yrs now. They were dumped kittens at an old job place, n the best of friends to me.

I only cried for my Mom twice on Mom's day. Gone since '00, Dad n Gramps since '92. The love remains forever, that's a good thing-