Thursday, May 17, 2007

Something bigger


Things always seem bigger than they really are. I told my co-worker this on Monday, and it really helped us get through the night. I have found that people in general make a big deal out of things that are really nothing. There are so many molehills out there, why do people see mountains?

How come people ignore mountains like poverty and injustice by making them into molehills?

People today make their jobs and cars and homes into mountains, and turn things like family and friends into molehills.

How come society has things backwards? They see themselves as the big dog, and God as the little cat they use for amusement. Why can't they see that God is the something bigger that we really need? We don't need to make Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie bigger, we need to make God bigger. He should be our priority, our admiration, not Oprah Winfrey.

My heart aches, because I know that God is my something big, my center, my reason for life. I want the world to know that Jesus is not just for Christmas and Easter, but for every single day. You don't put Him on a shelf and take it out when you run out of other options. Turn to God first, and the rest will follow. Suddenly even true mountains are movable.

"...I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

3 comments:

Neo said...

XRC - Because people have become mindless and apathedic. It's becoming so bad these days. People ignore the obvious and turn away from guidance that's always there. They think they can outsmart their creator. Man are they in for a wake up call....

Have a great weekend.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

ZoeyBella said...

You always seem to know just what to say. I've enjoyed your blog for a while now and I just felt like telling you that.

Best wishes :)

Shelley said...

Thanks for coming by Zoey, your blog is pretty cool too.
Keep visiting and feel free to drop me a line anytime.