Thursday, May 3, 2007

National Day of Prayer




This is the same place, two are from the inside, one from the outside. It is located in Sedona, Arizona where Dave and I spent our honeymoon. I took these pictures myself. On our honeymoon, we saw so much that revealed the glory of God to us. Sedona, the Grand Canyon, mountains, valleys, sunsets and even cities at night and daytime clouds from an airplane can be glorious.

It is bright skies like this and golden sun that reflect God's glory that gets me in a mood to pray. For some people it is getting in an accident or praying not to, having someone get ill and praying for healing, praying to pass a test you didn't quite study enough for, or maybe praying that the last hour of work goes faster so you could get out of there.

I want to share something with you, its not a secret, but people tend to forget this: God wants you to pray to him like a friend. That is right, you can pray to God in good times, not just bad. God likes to keep in touch with you, much like a friend. You pick up the phone to share the good and the bad with your friend. Praying is like using an "internal phone line" to God. He also likes it when you do it often, more than just holidays. For some of you God might sound like your mother or father now... but that is just the key. God created you, and wants to talk to you constantly, He wants to be your friend, and He loves you.

What makes you want to pray to God? Are you willing to try it even when you are not in "the mood"? It doesn't have to be formal, or follow a script. You can talk to God like you would talk to me.

Hi God, Shelley here. I just wanted to thank you for this beautiful earth that you have created. It is totally awesome. I especially love the flowering trees this time of year, but please keep the bees on the flowers and stop them from pestering me. Thank you that when I did lose my cell phone, it was at church and someone turned it in and it is safe and back in my possession! I promise to keep a better eye on it. Thank you that I have a home, and a car, and food unlike many people in the world. Help me and others to reach out to those in need and turn from our selfish ways. Thank you for my beautiful husband and my wonderful pets. Keep us safe and guide us throughout the day. Help us to live our lives the way you desire. Help others to be open to your love and reach out to say hi to you. Most importantly, thank you for sending Jesus Christ, by his sacrifice I am able to know you Lord. Because of Jesus, AMEN.

Feel free to check out CCC's Guided Prayer Outline.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these photos Shelley.