Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I love my sister!


Happy Birthday (a day late because I didn't get to post yesterday) to my sister Megan! Here she is toasting me at our wedding reception. (Tammy my cousin, Megan, Me, Dave from left to right in photo.)

Over the years, we have had our ups and downs. She was my little baby sister, and my very first memory is bringing her home from the hospital. When we were kids, I was always going to move out of our shared room and live in the basement when we fought. Mom wouldn't let me, thank God. When we moved and each got our own bedroom, we fought less, but probably grew apart more. Puberty can do that. When I stormed out of the house in a rage, so did Megan. Technically she was under 18 and thus running away, and I felt bad for my influence on her, but I had to leave home. We have been through a lot. When Mom was dying, she quit her job and came to live with Mom to take care of her. This actually gave us a chance to heal many wounds. (Thanks Mom, another blessing from your suffering.) Megan is also an awesome personal shopper, but that's a different story.

Today I spent a good hour on the phone with Megan. I love it! We never used to talk like this, and now we do. Though we are miles apart, we talk on the phone and she is right here with me. We talk about our day, what we are doing, and what God is doing in us. We find out what we can pray about for each other. For the first time in a long, long time, Megan is more than just my sister, she is my friend. Now the wounds are healed and a true relationship is being built on the Solid Rock. (That would be Jesus, in case you couldn't figure that one out.) I love her more than words can say, and even though we may end up further apart in distance, she will always be with me here in my heart.

Thank you Megan, for loving me.

Thank you God for helping us to heal our relationship.

4 comments:

Neo said...

XRC - HBD to your sister. Family is like that. I don't even talk to mine anymore. To be honest I really don't miss the drama....

Peace,

- Neo

cestmoi19 said...

Yay! I love Meggie too!
Oh, and Shelley, of course :)

Shelley said...

Thanks for being a guest star on my blog, LOL! Love you too Tammy! Can't wait for YOUR turn with the whole wedding thing.

Anonymous said...

she sounds like a nice lady