Friday, May 4, 2007

Updates on prayer week


So far, I have spent a lot of time praying to God to thank him, admiring his holiness and sacrifice in Christ. Not too many details to share other than the psalm you already read earlier. Thursday, I prayed for others as my main focus. I want to be a blessing onto others, and share my faith. I also took the opportunity to get in touch with people I haven't talked to for a while.

Maybe this story will help you. I have been wanting to get every Tuesday off at work, and long story short I was going to have to drop a day to do it. Today, God totally answered my prayers. A co-worker came up to me and asked me about switching days off! Thank you God! This means I don't have to give up ten percent of my income. This is great because money is really tight. It almost seems that even before I pray for what is NEXT, God is answering my prayers! Not to mention, it looks like Dave will be able to get more hours soon (longer story there, just proves God makes good out of bad things.) God provides!

So Friday I will be praying specifically for me. What is next with me and God, me and the church, and me and the world. (Using the guide I previously mentioned.) If you are looking for something more intensive, check this out, (kudos to Atropica for pointing it out on his blog) it will help you reach a quiet place to talk to God and pray.

In the meantime, be a blessing to someone. Tell them you love them, or just open the door for them. Help make this world a better place. Prayer doesn't hurt either...

No comments: