Monday, May 21, 2007

This guy took up residence in my lungs


If you watch any TV you have seen this guy. Mr. Mucus moves in to your lungs and takes up residence. Sometimes he brings his bride, sometimes his son. I want him out.

Today I went to my doctor to get some help. While I have been taking Mucinex, it is not enough. I have bronchitis yet again. Antibiotics are on the way, Dave will pick them up soon from the pharmacy (and also some lunch, which is good, I am hungry.)

I love my doctor. Not in the I want to marry him sense, but in the he gets me sense. Today he brought up one of my all time favorite SNL skits... the Lung Brush! I shared one of my bad jokes using the brand name Biaxin, and he laughed. It doesn't matter if people laugh because the joke is bad, but he laughed. Anyway, he really listens to me and I wish more docs were like him.

Now if only I would listen to him as much as he listens to me.

4 comments:

ZoeyBella said...

Hard to find good doctors these days - and one who laughs at jokes too. Nice :)

Get well soon :)

Shelley said...

thanks Zoey! He gave me this great cough syrup, and I am feeling pretty good. I think it has hydrocodone in it, that could help.

cestmoi19 said...

No good! Get better! It would stink if you had to be sick for my wedding :( I'd still love you and want you there though!

Neo said...

Neo whips out the cough drops