Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Back to life


A photograph of me, in Sedona, AZ on my honeymoon! I love it when the skies are blue, the air is clear and I am on vacation. I love it when I recover from feeling like crap and go back to life. The antibiotics are doing their job, and the new inhaler makes a world of difference.

Yesterday, I was able to enjoy my day off! I got to do most of what I planned. First off, Dave got great news from the oral surgeon. He doesn't think Dave needs surgery, and his problem is likely muscular. We were excited because oral surgery for Dave would be a huge deal and lots of pain. Secondly, we finally got to get cat food. The cat had to eat dog food Monday because I was sick and Dave worked a double. I always feel bad when I can't take care of my "kids." Then we went to a dinner to celebrate and recap our year at Brady School for Book Club. It was great, really nice to be social with the people we serve with. Kirsten even blogged about my experience that I shared with you folks earlier on my blog.

Then I got to go to Celebrate the Journey at church. It is great because there is a wonderful bunch of people there whom I love very much. I just know that God is working in all of us to make us better people, and we are all gifts to each other.

Last, but not least, we got grocery shopping done... finally. I always hate watching the total add up, and wiped my head at the register in frustration. I must have been too visible with my frustration, because the checker asked if I was tired. "It has been a long day," I said, trying not to lie. Also, I did three loads of laundry, the dishes, and watched American Idol that I taped. Go Jordin!

It sure is nice to be back to life.

4 comments:

Neo said...

XRC - Great, thanks, now I just remembered all the stuff I've put off. The shopping, laundry, and don't you know it the lightbulb in my living room lamp just bought the farm. I don't have the energy to walk outside. Ugh...

Glad you're feeling better.

Peace,

- Neo

Skye said...

Hi! I hope your feeling better, beautiful picture. :)

Shelley said...

Thanks for visiting skye, I do feel much better!
And I am glad you like my picture.

ZoeyBella said...

Great picture. I've always wanted to visit Arizona :)