Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My last Wednesday off

ImageChef.com - Create custom images
I finally spent my last Tuesday at work yesterday. Now I will spend my last Wednesday off. This means saying goodbye to my friends at Alpha. Dave will continue to go, that is his thing, and he is an apprentice there. I am choosing to get more involved on Tuesdays at Celebrate the Journey. This is going to mean I end up working 6 days in a row, but it will be worth it. Help me remember that on Mondays at 10 pm when I am aching to go home. Oh yeah, that is what Tuesdays are for. Also, come the fall, I will be able to get more involved with Brady Book Club.

I am making changes in my life because I feel that God wants me to. He wants me to be all these things that I can be, not what the world says I cannot be. I am not sure what the future will hold, but I know that it will be good because God is good. The Lord is my Shepard, and he will not lead me off a cliff into my eternal doom. If I stay in His light, I will never get lost. I am trying to live my life for God first, my family second, my friends third, and I don't think that work is on that list.

Work is just a tool to help me get things done. That is my new point of view, and I like it. It really takes stress off. While I am there, I am there for my patients, not for "the man" or the money. That is really hard to say, because money causes a lot of stress in our lives, but here is where trusting God comes in. If I am good at my job, I will get paid and so will the bills. God will make sure I get taken care of. I always asked for "enough" and that is all I need. I want enough food to eat, enough to pay the bills, enough gas to get to work and do what God wants (and I want) me to do. I do not need more than I can handle, more money to tempt me to spend, more bills, etc.

So I better get off the computer so I can enjoy my day off, enough of this already!

6 comments:

Neo said...

XRC - Man that really has to suck to join the Brady Bunch, I'd be kicking and screaming the whole way!

;)

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

Shelley said...

No, no no.... nothing to do with the crazy tv show... For specifics, read my post here:

http://icanseerightthroughyou.blogspot.com/2007/04/lion-inside.html

Neo said...

XRC - I know, I was trying to be facetious. ;)

Shelley said...

When its time to cHanGe you need to reARRAnge....

Neo said...

XRC - Oh God! There's a flashback song I could have left in the sands of time. Ugh! LOL

Neo said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5SuQgLXhWOk

"Time to chance."

I dare you to not listen!