Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My best friend


My husband is my best friend. No doubt about it. Okay, he is more than that, he is my other half. But I share everything with him. Seriously, I mean everything, and he shares with me too. I could not imagine going through life without him.
This photo is from our Honeymoon. One of the "self-portraits" taken at the Grand Canyon.

I have been uploading photos to Flickr, which is causing me to look at a lot of them. I just like how we both have these stupid smiles on our faces. We never wear hats, except on vacation, when we need to keep the sun out of our eyes or our heads warm. It got really cold by the end of the day there. (It was January!)

So be warned, when you tell me something, my husband will know about it! Even if you tell me not to tell anyone! He is me. I am him. We don't keep secrets. I hope it always stays that way. We do have the exception for surprises and gifts, although we are not always good at that.

We love to do stuff together, but we don't always have to. We feel confident separating, knowing we will return to each other at the end of the day. I love that. I also love how we share our faith. We may not share the same gifts, but we have the same goals. It is funny how I will do something and then say "I hope you don't mind" and he said he would have done it if I hadn't.

One of the great things our Pastor Troy said at our wedding (paraphrased) is that a marriage is like a triangle, with God at the top. The closer we each get to God, the closer we are to each other. I love that, and I will never, ever forget it. (Thanks Troy for the best wedding ever!)

God, help us to grow closer to you, and each other, forever!

2 comments:

Neo said...

XRC - You guys are blessed...

The time that someone spends with their loved one means all the world in a world of separation.

ZoeyBella said...

It sounds as if you have something wonderful in your life and that is truly special. :)