Monday, July 9, 2007

Final Farewell


Yes, this is exactly what you think it is. The ashes of my mom were spread this Saturday. 7-7-07 was the anniversary of her death (and also she just loved sevens.) We laid her to rest in Lake Michigan, where she would have loved it.

The day was perfect, and we had a great boat trip. The water was wonderful, and there was a real peace about the whole thing. I truly felt everyone's prayers that day. God was with me. He was with all of us.

The afternoon lead to swimming off the beach followed by a hearty meal (thanks Dad!) I truly enjoyed swimming, and found myself out on the sandbar. I had swam out there for the first time ever in my entire life. I am losing fear. I realized that later while reflecting my day. I pray that God continues to help me release my fears.

I made my aunt (mom's sister) a couple of scrapbook pages today, and I hope to spend more time with her making her scrapbook. I think the healing
is happening. Thanks God. Say hi to Mom... until we meet again in heaven!

1 comment:

lisa :) said...

I'm really glad it was a healing time for you and that your family was together. You're so awesome and I hope you know how much I admire your strength and faith!