Saturday, July 21, 2007

I saw the light... IgniteChicago highlights


This is a photograph of David Crowder and some of his band from my cell phone. Its zoomed in twice, and is only one mega pixel, thus explains the grainy quality.

David Crowder is an amazing man. First off, he has an awesome beard and big hair. Secondly, he is from Texas; tall, thin and lanky. This man has a heart for Christ. It is awesome. And, he loves his fans! I wish I could have gotten one with him hugging the three year old on stage. It was so cool.

Christian artists are so different from mainstream artists. Why? Because they don't play music for themselves. They are called to share Christ through his music. They don't sell albums to buy a house in Hollywood Hills, they sell albums to share the gospel. Many Christian artists also donate a lot of their money to different causes, and go on missions trips. Also the concert experience did not include drunk jerks and tons of mean security folk. People were generally nice and considerate.

David Crowder band did their version of "I saw the Light" and everyone got down! Banjo and everything! It was awesome. There is just no explaining it, but seeing David Crowder live was awesome.

Also awesome, but with WAY too short of a set, was Tree63. They have a new hit on the radio "Sunday" and it rocks! My sister likened them to U2. I don't know if I would go that far, but if you like U2 you will like Tree63. My favorite song by them is "Treasure." Unfortunately they did not play it, but they did play "joy" and "look what you've done" which rocked. I could not even say every single song played today, but they all rocked. I even enjoyed Rebecca St James, although I am not too familiar with her music.

So, one day in a ballpark down. (The fest was held at Schaumburg Flyers Stadium.) One day in a ballpark to go. Sunday we go to see the Kane County Cougars with Dave's folks, (my Dave, not Dave Crowder's folks.) Sunday, halleluiah, its not too far, its not too far away... (hear Tree 63's new single Sunday on their myspace page.)

2 comments:

cestmoi19 said...

Sort of off topic, but you mentioned U2. I saw Elevation (U2 cover band) last night and they were super! That's the 3rd time I've seen them by accident. The lead singer guy came down from the stage to dance with us "pirates", especially the bachelorette!

Neo said...

XRC - I did a quick youtube search for some of his stuff. Quite mellow. I had someone give me a link to a great musician that I think you might did; in case you didn't follow her URL when I quoted her.

Here name is Brooke Fraser. I didn't realize until after I heard this clip that she was a Christian musician.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=75TtnC2X-uM

Let me know what you think.

Peace,

- Neo