Tuesday, July 17, 2007

It keeps on piling up


My life seems to go in spurts. There is the times when I am on the freeway with no traffic around, and just enjoying the ride. Then there are times when , well, look at the picture. Work can do that to me, make life pile up. Heck, life can do that to me.

I have to work full time, otherwise I will not be able to have luxury necessities like air conditioning, electricity, hot water, food, gas in my car and last but not least, internet.

I love my job, I love what I do. I just wish I didn't have to work. I would rather pursue a hundred million different things than work. And when I am off work, I don't do many things that "need" to be done because I would rather do things I want to do.

Case in point, my home is a mess (which is why I have no photos of my house, but rather internet cats telling you what my house is like.) Piles everywhere, and stuff on the floor, and the sink full of dishes again. If I hired a maid service, they would walk in, look around and walk out. Not to mention the carpeting...

Somehow, I need to find balance. A point where I can do what I want to do and get done what I need to do. People and God are more important to me than my house, which is why I forget the house to be with people and God. However, I would like to use my home to have people over, and maybe even talk about God.

I would probably even cook more if my kitchen was clean.

Women just don't feel comfortable at home when it is a mess.

In the meantime, I guess it is time to get out the magic wand, tap my magic ruby-red slippers together three times and say "there is no place like a clean home" before I run away forever.

If moving wasn't so hard, I might almost prefer that.

1 comment:

Neo said...

XRC - Hmmmm, pass the maids digits my way after she stops by there. I'm a bit tipper. ;)

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo