Thursday, July 24, 2008

Support me in my first 5K (walk)


I would like to ask if you wouldn't mind sponsoring me in my first 5K. It is a walk, I am not planning on running until the spring, I might try some jogging, but I haven't been training to run yet.

This benefits NAMI of DuPage which is an organization that helps with support, advocacy and education in order to improve the lives of individuals with mental illness and their families.
I am walking to help fight the stigma of mental illness.

I myself am treated for chronic depression, and I have and know many friends who have also been diagnosed with several different mental illnesses. So often people with mental illness are treated differently than people with physical illness. I am a case where I can definitely say that there IS HOPE!
If you would like to help support me and NAMI please do so before September 6th.

Make all checks payable to NAMI of DuPage County. Please ask your employer if they have a matching gift program as well.

You can email me, and I can send you my address if you do not have it, or give me the check in person. I will turn all of the donations in myself.

If you would like to read about the run/walk, you can do so by clicking here to view the PDF of the brochure.

If you would like to join me, let me know.
Thanks and God Bless!

No comments: