Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday Weigh-IN: Oh Happy Day

Last weigh in weight: 243.1
Today's weight: 239.9 (3.2 lost!)
Total weight lost: 37.7 lbs.
Weight to lose to mini-goal: 14.9 I CAN DO IT!!!
Clothes size now: 22 (at start:26 tight)

Trying not to lose focus or hope on this journey. It seems like I had more hope when people were not telling me I looked good.

I hear it all the time now. "Looking good!" "Have you lost some weight?" "I can tell!" I try not to let it get to my head, I say stuff like "miles to go!" and "Its just the beginning!" Finally fitting into some stuff that my sister saved for me, but she just gave me some size 16 stuff! She is down to a 14! (Go MEGGIE!!!) I am dying to get out of the 20s! I would love to weigh under 200 lbs again. I don't know how long it has been.

I really want to be able to run. I want to run a 5K. I can't. I have way to much weight right now to run. My heart wants to explode. I can do the elliptical just fine, but forget about actually lifting up my own weight and landing on it. I have a bad back, bad feet and bad everything. I need to drop some more weight before I can start jogging. It is just too much for my body.

So I must have patience! Persistence with diet and exercise. When I say "diet" I am not talking about the 4 letter word, I am talking about the when you go to the zoo and see them feed the animals, they are administering a diet, that diet. The food I eat has to be fuel, and not garbage. And not too much, don't want my tank to overflow! Enough to keep me running, er, this analogy is getting stretched.

The Happy Day reference is for Paul.


2 comments:

cestmoi19 said...

Ok, last week's weigh in (well, the week before anyway) = 168 lbs.

This week's weight: 168 lbs.

So, no loss, BUT NO GAIN! And that's after being on vacation for a week, eating mom's food, going to 2 wedding showers AND a bachelorette party. I worked out every day really hard during it though, so that must have made it even.

But, now I have to work harder; if Megan is wearing the same size as me....:) Just kidding, way to go Megan!!!

AND WAY TO GO SHELLEY!!!

We'll all look awesome by next summer if we can keep it up all winter!

Snaggle Tooth said...

Good for you- back to losing pounds n sizes! Looks like there's a ways to go for running- Keep on the healthy track-