Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dog Days of Summer


It is hot outside. I love the sun. I shouldn't be in it, with my fair skin.

Today was a big test for Dave, and its over. Results are good. Leaving the hospital, some guy backed into my car and drove off. Great, now I have to call the cops on some handicapped guy and my poor starved, drugged husband has to wait to go home. But it will all be okay, there is some damage to my car, but I have to deal with it. It will not go away if I blink.

This weekend I am gearing up for a concert to spark a revolution, Ignite Chicago, which is gonna rock off my socks! Read about last year here and also here. I just love the chance to worship, especially live with the artists and on a beautiful day. Last year it was perfect, and I am praying for reign but not rain on Sunday!

Pearl comes back from camp just in time. I really had wanted Jay to come. But maybe next year. Ticket goes to Pearl instead, yeah Pearl!

The weekends are going by so fast, hopefully I will feel that way when its time to go out west. I am just going nuts not writing about it on the blog. I am so sad, and I miss him so much. Soon enough, being patient ... or trying.

2 comments:

Using up the words.... said...

WOW! Sounds like an amazing weekend you've got ahead of you.
Enjoy... and yes, praying that He reigns there, and the rain stays away.

Snaggle Tooth said...

I like this pic- reminds me of my boxer, "Champ" as a kid- who was colored like that-

Get in your water wherever you can find it in this heat!

I hope you have many reasons to cheer up very soon!
Have a blast at the concert-
My uncles the Benedictine Monks (WestonPriory.org), who sing alot always say, "He who sings prays twice..."