Saturday, July 26, 2008

Little Nuggets


Normally, in my quiet time, I tear through a few pages of scripture. Not recently. Recently I have been in Romans, and taking on only little nuggets at a time. Today it was Romans 5:1-11. Quite possibly my favorite line is v 8:

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. If I had a word tattoo it would say something like that.

The one that got me big time today was this:

rejoice in our sufferings
, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

What? I am to rejoice in my sufferings? Yes. See, that nugget hit my heart today. Because of many things. I know what I went through with my mom sucked, but I can rejoice in what it has done for me and my sister and what a great relationship we have. Also my aunt and cousins and I have grown much closer because of it. What we are going through right now for Jeramy, it sucks, but I am so blessed to even have this opportunity, and if you knew how much I loved him, you would know that my tears are tears of love. And this ache in my heart is producing just that: perseverance, character, and yes HOPE.

The only reason I have hope is because "
hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." See, I just know that God has promised all to work out for His glory, and whatever that might be, it will be okay. See, hope, Jesus, does not disappoint. So whatever will be, (please let it be), it will be okay as long as I trust in God.

3 comments:

ZoeyBella said...

There's a billboard near my house that has that same line on it. It really makes you think and every time I see it, it makes me want to be a better person.

Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Snaggle Tooth said...

It's odd how I seem to be in the neighborhood of the parts you're currently reading!
I'm on Romans 10 this week- I do remember reading that one very recently, n thought- Boy, n have I suffered alot! It does make us who we are. I think the way our society is has created most of our suffering (not God).