Friday, July 18, 2008

If you pray...


This Saturday I am going to be baptizing my friend Paul.

I remember when I first met him, and how I decided to pray for him. If you know what Paul has been through, it is a lot. I prayed one tiny prayer, and God gave me the opportunity to follow up on it. So this Saturday, myself, my husband Dave, and our friend Ed are going to be killing Paul. His old life is done. It will lay in the bottom of the baptismal with my old self and Dave's old self and... lots of dead people.

Time to start new in Christ my friend!

To Paul: I see so much potential in you. You are very eager to learn, and have the potential to help others learn a lot as well. You are a very talented artist, funny jokester, and all around great guy. You have a heart made of gold, and a mind like a sponge. You are fun to be around and I cannot wait to see what God has in store for you! I love you brother!

If you have met someone and felt compelled to pray for them, do so. Don't give up. Even if you can't remember their names all the time. One day, God just might bring them back into your life, and give you the opportunity to help redeem the lost. Maybe your prayers are helping others to do the work. Whatever it is, never ever give up hope or faith.

No comments: