Monday, July 21, 2008

Ignite Chicago Rocked!




Yesterday, we un-officially launched our small group. For our first meeting, we had Jimmy Johns and went to Ignite Chicago!

It was awesome! My sister came down from Kenosha, and we met up with my buddy Bob. We also ran into a bunch of my friends from CCC.

Todd Agnew got on stage right after we got there, and he totally rocked! It was so good to hear live "Grace Like Rain" and some other awesome songs. When he finished, I went up to the concourse to browse stuff and fight the crowds to get more water. I ended up at the Todd Agnew table getting his new album right when this lady came up and said "Mr. Agnew is coming up now to sign autographs, you better start forming your line" to the guy in charge of the table. So, guess who was in the front of the line? ME! I got to thank Mr. Agnew for Grace Like Rain, because it has gotten me through a lot of hard times in my life and faith. He signed my CD and I asked if I could give him a hug. The man looked exhausted. Apparently there was a death in the family of one of the band members, so they had to catch a flight. That on top of the sweltering heat and crazy life of touring would have done me in. I am just so thankful for the opportunity to say thank you in person.

Of course, it was awesome as usual to see the David Crowder Band up on stage. They put on a great show, complete with the Keytar, the Guitar Hero guitar and the banjo. Not to mention the crowd interaction and the ho-down. Of note there was some girl next to me dancing like an MTV HO, and I said to her friend "that's the wrong kind of ho-down" and I don't think she got it.

Then we pushed up front for Mercy Me. Now, I know I know Mercy Me, and like their stuff, but couldn't have named a song they sing until now. Just because I have a hard time matching songs with artists, especially names, I have a hard time with names. Anywho, I was with my girl Pearl, and we had a great time worshiping God and rocking out together. We had a shared holy moment, and I got us some Mercy Me T-shirts to commemorate it, so we will remember it always.

Our legs were wiped, so we got some food and drinks, and sat down on our blankie for Newsboys. They did this awesome thing during the encore with the drums, I cannot wait for someone to post it on youtube. The lead singer kinda is creepy to me, but Paul Coleman totally is awesome. AND GET THIS, Paul likes them! Sweet!

After finding our way home, and almost destroying my car in the garage, we ate at Los Burritos Tapatios and came home exhausted. Of course we stank, so everyone had to shower before bed. But, great times were had by all.

Thanks to Edan concerts for throwing this together. It rocked!

1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

That sounds like a really awesome time- Imagine being head of the line to your fav singer- Sounds like God knew what you wanted n delivered a blessing-

"Wrong kind of Ho-down" cracked me up- I bet you're really funny to hang-out with. Hope she turned 3-shades of red after you said that!