Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Monday--I mean Tuesday Weigh-IN


Last weigh in weight: 239.9
Today's weight: 240.2
Total weight lost: 37.4 lbs.
Weight to lose to mini-goal: 15.2

Ruggy went home last night. Didn't get to say goodbye. I will miss him. I like the idea of a dog who will just lay down next to you. Abby won't. I don't think its possible for her. As a Jack Russell, she is doomed with doggy ADD. Laying still for her only happens when nobody else is doing anything.

The cat had just gotten used to the idea that Rugby would be staying here when he left. We hadn't seen her for a few days except for a few privileged cameo appearances for a nibble of food. She finally came out of her shell only to have Rugby leave. She is still happier that he is gone. So is Abby, because they don't have to compete for attention.

Okay, I will address the weight thing now. I am finding it hard to eat healthier. I indulged and ordered my quesadillas from Chili's and ate the whole plate. I should have packed up half, but no, I didn't. I knew I wouldn't. Dave's folks took us to Buffalo Wild Wings, I got the Buffalo Ranch Wrap, which is boneless fried chicken wings in sauce with ranch dressing, lettuce tomato and flour tortilla. I kept the chips and salsa, which is way better than buffalo chips, but stole like 5 or 6 of Dave's. That was Saturday. Then on Sunday we started off with Jimmy Johns, then at the concert, I had a hot dog and a slice of pizza. Then I had an entire enchilada plate at the taco place. I haven't been getting in my vegetables. (how do you do that at a ball park???) I haven't been eating my fruit even. I want smoothies, I bought frozen strawberries, but need ice and bananas. I shop tonight. Last night I ate Dave's leftover boneless chicken wings and nothing else. No veggies. I did eat a salad at work. With fat -free dressing.

What is stopping me? Me. Today Dave is picking up Portillo's for lunch. I ordered a beef with sweet peppers. Is it better than my two hot dog order, one with everything, one chili dog with?? Of course we will split the fries. I should eat some veggies first, so I don't over do it. I am ready to lose these next 15lbs, but I seem to be waiting at the bus stop. Its like saving money by not eating out... that's not happening here.

My car being in the shop, I have not been able to go to the gym yesterday or today, but I have bad sciatica from the concert on Sunday, so it might be good to rest -- or should I say not push it, until it chills out.

I did do one thing that has motivated me. I went and bought two new bras. It's like I have my boobs back. They were just hanging out, and now I feel like they are showing up and have shape. I went down quite a few sizes, so they are now properly supported. AND I got a "sports" bra as one of them. It was my godsend on Sunday as it kept the moisture off of my boobs. They were like the only thing dry on my body!

5 comments:

cestmoi19 said...

Hooray for new bras! Keep those girls in the right place :)

Ok, here's mine:
Last Weigh-In: 168 lbs.
Today's Weigh-In: 169lbs.

Eh, what can I say? I wasn't as diligent on some days and I was on others. It evened out I guess. A 1 pound gain is not too, bad, but then again, it's NOT a loss...

Trying very hard this week not to eat any extras (like snack at camp, or Starbucks Creme Frapiccinos).

I'll bet your body is actually craving those veggies, I know mine does when I've gone without for awhile! Eat 'em up! And we'll keep it up!

Shelley said...

Looks like summer can be more deadly than we anticipated! I will pray for both of us (and anyone else following with us) to have better will-power. Thanks Tam for doing this with me! Love you!

cestmoi19 said...

No problem! It's helping me too!! I'm pretty sure 5 more pounds will put me back in a size 12!

Will Power to the people!

Snaggle Tooth said...

It does seem summer is full of tasty temptations, with no cold to help burn calories!
I myself had sworn off baked stuff from work- it's been 3 weeks, but then last night I gave in n took some home because I was so hungry from working 7 hours past my break in OT, n had no time to cook a dinner-

Seems everyone is falling off the rail at once. We just gotta catch ourselves before falling too far!

cestmoi19 said...

Yeah, last year and the year before, for Lent I gave up eating sweets & treats people brought into the break room at work. By Easter I was fitting better in most of my pants - but then it was Easter....oh well.
Gave up drinking pop once, too. To this day I still don't drink it more than like twice a month :)
Good healthy choices!