Wednesday, June 6, 2007

You mean I have to put it together myself?


I see many people complain about life. The problem is that it ends there. If you don't do anything to fix it, it is not going to get better.

We aren't born knowing everything. We have to learn how to walk, talk, drive, type, tie shoes, etc. So why is it that people think that life will be easy?

We need to learn to handle life just like we learn to handle a car. Some people are really bad drivers. Some people are really bad at handling life. They probably never tried really hard, or were taught the wrong way. That doesn't mean you can't improve. Help is out there, it is available if you look for it.

So if you grew up learning how to be mean, selfish, rude and put people down, STOP! There are other ways to live life. If you haven't had a job in 5 years, HELLO THERE IS A PROBLEM HERE!!! I don't think it is the lack of work, I think it is a lack of ambition. If you don't find out the correct way to apply for a job, if you don't show that you want that job, you will not get it. If you think you are a ball of dirt, and completely useless, CUT IT OUT! Seriously, you have a worth. God loves you, and created you for a purpose. Start getting involved and see what it might be. If you are waiting for God to bring you the perfect husband, GET OUT AND FIND HIM because he is not coming to ring your doorbell (unless you want to marry a Jehova's Witness or delivery guy!)

Notice a pattern? ACTION. Life takes action, and you cannot complain how bad it is if you aren't doing anything to make it better. Poverty, homelessness, poor education, malnourishment, all of these things can be tackled if people stopped talking about it and started doing something about it. I see too many people spending too much time at the mall and not enough time volunteering at schools and soup kitchens.

My blog here is not to make you mad, but to get you to realize that THINGS CAN CHANGE for the better! What is one thing you can do THIS WEEK to make life (yours or anyone else's) better? Sometimes, all it takes is a phone call or a kind word. Think about it, comment on it, then "JUST DO IT!"

4 comments:

Neo said...

XRC - Nice thought but the truth is we live in the "Me," generation, and it's quite sad. Everybody expects the world to give them everything with earning it. I think we might be in the same age group or close, if so you probably worked your ass off for everything you have.

You don't sit back and beg people for what you don't have. You go EARN it. There is a satisfaction in knowing that you faught your way to get all the things you have.

People these days are negative by nature. What I call the "I don't know," people. (I have a nice bitchfest blog lined up for that after Traces) I really don't undertand the world we live in anymore.

No wonder people don't want to leave their homes anymore....

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

lisa :) said...

It's interesting to note that you talk about how much complaining derives from inaction where as I find that often times complainting comes from over action. The "I didn't get enough sleep"; "I never have free time"; and "I'm way too stressed out". I think a lot of times people forget that life is also about resting and making the choice to have quiet peaceful times in the midst of hassles and chaos. Too often people get over burdened not because they don't act but rather because they're afraid to say no to things.

Shelley said...

That is where the action should be choosing the right things to do. So many people keep busy, but is it with the right things?

this goes to choices...

Choosing to rest is an action many of us need to choose.

Snaggle Tooth said...

right now I should prob be trying to get to zzz's instead of reading... how ironic to the last comment! I do complain about needing rest, but I'm trying to get done what needs doing to get by!
There's not enough time to do it all- there's nobody to help- I live alone.
This reading is relaxing in a way- helping to unwind me.

I try n do what I can, but for reasons I can't control, economic opportunity doesn't allow me to be better off (Yet)! I don't give up, tho-

Mostly I don't choose rest, I collapse!