Saturday, June 23, 2007

Penny pinching at home...

It appears that Dave and I will have to cut back on our expenses. This means that the dog and cat will have to start contributing to housework and stop making housework. Also, we will be tying fans to their tails in lieu of air conditioning. Worse comes to worse, we do have two lovely roast beasts.

Seriously though, Dave and I have been horrible on our spending, and we really need to cut back on eating out. Mostly we pick stuff up instead of cooking, which is horrible. I suggest some cheaper grocery stores and no more quick pickup meals. Lots more deli meat for sandwiches.

We are good at setting a budget, just hard to stick to it in real life. Abby won't mind doing the dishes for a while, but I would like plates without dog slobber.

Any ideas HOW to stick to our budget without going insane?

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Once again, this is not OUR dog, but some random internet dog, although it is similar to our downstairs neighbor's dog. Abby is a Jack Russell.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I accidentally washed Abby in the dish washer again! I really should not do dishes when I am half asleep.

I don't suppose selling a kidney illegally would be a viable option for helping with the budget. I just need to cook more and use less detergent on the dog

-Dave

cestmoi19 said...

Pick one thing (sounds like eating out) to just plain stop spending on for awhile. REALLY make your self do it. In the meantime, stick some money in an envelope, hidden in the closet or drawer or something. Then, when you really want to go out, or when you have a special occasion, you can grab that cash and reward yourself for saving so well!
Seems to work for mom and dad. I've done it myself on occasion. If Ashley tried it with Starbucks, I'll bet she'd have $100 within 2 weeks saved up from not getting coffee :)