Monday, June 25, 2007

So happy together


Dave and I spent the whole weekend together not doing much. We actually served at church most of the day Saturday, followed by dinner out. Sunday our big thing was grocery shopping at three different stores, four if you count the jaunt to the pet store with the dog. We really just enjoy being together and doing stuff together.

Grocery shopping was enjoyable because we were planning our week together. I was surprised how picking meat out together was enjoyable. It was when we were by the tomatoes that I realized how much he just wants to make me happy. Dave is always looking for ways to make me happy even when he does not enjoy things. Dave hates tomatoes, but he wanted me to pick some out for me. When I suggested BLTs, it was almost awesome because we found something both of us enjoy, even if his T means toast.

Serving at church was all we had planned for Saturday, and it was really awesome to greet with Dave for second service. Then he surprises me by saying he would usher too! Starting in August, we will probably be separate for most of our time, but Saturday it was fun to be with him.

Sometimes I feel like we have our own language, because we know each other so well we anticipate each other. Other times I feel like we are speaking different languages. Don't get me wrong, we are not "perfect." This weekend didn't go off without some disagreements, but we worked it out. Many times we disagree because one or both of us in cranky. When we come back together and talk, it all seems to work out okay. We just have to get over "it", whatever "it" may be. In the end, just being together is what we both really need.

The best part is that we share many of the same passions in life, including our religion and love of God through Christ Jesus. We grew in this together, and that brings us even closer together. Maybe that is why we enjoy serving together so much. We also support each other. I really encourage Dave and his writing (among other things), and he really encourages me with the things that I do (whatever that is.) That is what marriage really is, growing together, supporting each other, and compromise.

Anyhow, I love you Dave. Thanks for being you and loving me.

No comments: