Saturday, August 25, 2007

Just (two) of those days


Work has been NUTZO crazy busy. Thursday, we had really bad storms, a roof collapsed and the ER filled up with patients. It was already busy upstairs... Friday we had two of us in the OR almost all night, and three of us for a good chunk. Also, I was on call, and had to stay late for the last case. Of course my head is still buzzing, which is why it is Saturday now and I can't find what I did with that dog. No rest for the weary however, I head back to work again at 3pm. No doubt it will be a nuthouse.

I do have to say though, we had some excellent teamwork today, and I really appreciated how everyone pitched in to help without complaining. We all just did it, and it got done. Never mind the fact we had no break and our dinners were wolfed down on the fly. I made sure to try to thank everyone, despite the insanity, it was nice.

Of course, lets start today out right... I closed on my mortgage refinance. My sister also came into town to help pack up. So I run from OakBrook home and deal with out stoplights as I race to work to make it 10 minutes late!!! At least my sis and I had a decent lunch together before the insanity began.

It could be worse, I could have had no power, like many people. I thank God that he kept me and my family safe and with power. I could not handle being without air conditioning. Yes, I am a spoiled suburbanite but I have health issues and I like being spoiled. Thank you God that I am spoiled.

Well, I better check to make sure there is not a cat in the freezer...

1 comment:

Neo said...

So that's where you put my cat!

Shame!!!!!!

Neo brushes the frost off Cody's fur