Monday, August 13, 2007

I got up early for this?


Today was the appraisal. The guy arrived promptly at 10am as promised. I was not even dressed! After throwing some clothes on and grabbing more coffee, I surfed the channels while he went around measuring and snapping photos.

Ten minutes and he was done. What?!? You just needed to come in and out and I had to get up early for a ten minute appointment... figures. I didn't get to bed till like 3am, so I barely got 6 hours of sleep. At least I will know why I end up yawning all day.

The cat disappeared for that time, and the dog desperately tried to get the guy's attention. No such luck. After he left, I had to play with the dog and pet the cat for a good half hour. Poor confused animals. Just they wait to see what is gonna happen next!

Offers for help are pouring in from friends and family. Some referrals, some people saying "hey I can do this," some people just saying "I got a truck." It is so awesome to know how much I am loved. Some people are design and remodel nuts, so I have plenty of people to lean on for ideas. Yesterday I quizzed a co-worker on curtains. (Hey, I have never bought them before.)

Tomorrow is the meeting with a contractor. Best news: it is not until 3, so I can sleep in! After I get some figures (how much I need to spend and how much I am getting) I can figure out exactly what is going to happen. The fun begins!

Thank you to Neo and Cody. Your lawyer is a really nice guy, we get along great!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun...not the word I would have used my dear.

lisa :) said...

Hi hi - Hope you're feeling better! Meant to tell you that although I lack any and all coordination skills necessary for the decorative arts, packing and lifting I can do - let me know when you need help moving.

Shelley said...

Thanks Lisa! I lack the packing and lifting skills. This should be great!