Saturday, August 11, 2007

Hi how are you update


I just love it when people ask me "hi, how are you?" I highly doubt they want the true answer. This is what you just do to be nice. I am trying to cut that out... I am going to say "nice to see you" or "I miss you" or "what's shakin'?" but stop asking "how are you" unless I truly mean it.

Today's answer to "how are you?" comes from the dog in the above photo. I am okay, but still sick and thus not too happy about my sneezing and nose blowing. I prefer when my head does not feel like a booger. Praise God, I am not too sick to work, thus not sick enough to give up my raise by calling in too many times.

I am sure my co-workers are sick of me being sick, but not as sick as I am sick of me being sick. *cough*

I have many busy things to be doing. I work this weekend, so I have an excuse for not do anything (because I don't want to be too sick.) I just pray for the strength to get me through this next two months. Why? Well, here it is, publicly. Dave and I are re-financing the house and will be doing some major re-modeling. So, while we are not moving, this is the closest thing. I have to get stuff out of here so that the carpet can be pulled and the house painted etc... Thanks to Dad and Yola, we have a place to stay for free while we remodel. This will make the process easier, however we will be doing this without taking any time off from work. Thus, strength is needed, physical, emotional, and mentally.

So now while I am super excited about living in our "new" home, I am not super excited about the process. I guess life is like that with any change... it kinda is hard work to do, but worth it in the end. Please pray for me and Dave as we undertake this changing process so that we can keep our sanity. In the meantime, I want to coin a new phrase "when the going gets tough, stick out your tongue!" What do you think? (Let me guess, cheesy?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I draw special attention to the prayers for sanity...we ain't kidding.

Anonymous said...

P.S. that was me, and I love the dog (beagles rock)

-Dave

Neo said...

XRC - I usually say "How you doin?" It's a philly thing. Good luck with the remodeling, that can be really stressful. I'm sure it'll look awesome when completed.

Peace & Distant (avoid the flu) Hugs,

- Neo

Shelley said...

I remember when the expression was "what's up?" Everyone said it and it really annoyed me. Had to be like 10 years ago. Stupid answers to stupid questions (ala Mad Magazine) that I gave was "Not much on a gal to be up... except my hair."

Neo said...

XRC - Don't forget "What's up Holmes?"