Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Can't buy me love

I came home yesterday to find the door was jammed.  Turns out I came home early and the boys were rushing to set up a surprise for me.  I was greeted with a giant balloon, flowers, chocolate, and a cake with candles.  Jeramy picked out the arrangement here, along with the pink chick beanie baby.  Dave got me some beautiful roses.  Dave told me he had to stop Jeramy from wanting to buy the whole store. 

Jeramy had fun watching me smile, get my flowers in a vase, and I even let him have a bite of my Fannie May Pixie that they got me.  (He melted!  Love his drama!) I insisted we save the cake for all of us to eat together tomorrow- which by now is today (triple chocolate... looks very sinfully delicious.)  I loved all my gifts, but I told him more so that I loved the givers, and how thoughtful they were.  He said it was the best birthday ever.  Of course he meant my birthday, because he never got to spend any of my birthdays with me. 

And it was probably my best birthday ever.  Even though I worked, I enjoyed every minute.  Something was different about me.  Perhaps it was the lack of glitter on my clothing.  Perhaps it was the fantastic girlfriend lunch I had to start off my day.  Perhaps it was the fact that I truly feel loved.  I have this sense about me that is starting to feel okay again.  I saw a rainbow the other day, for just a brief moment, and I knew it was a sign from God.  I hadn't asked him for one, but he knew I needed it.  God does that for me.  And I called Dave and frantically exclaimed that I saw a rainbow- he freaked out because he thought I was calling about something bad- and I was just so excited I had to calm down.

I got to vent to my girlfriend on Sunday, and even though we were miles away, just knowing that she truly cared and was listening meant the world to me.  She misses me, and to be missed feels good.  I got pizza on Saturday (Lou Malnati's shared with by buddy is the best pizza ever!)  Another co-worker brought in cupcakes on Sunday.  They were sinfully decadent and oh so moist!  Yesterday my friend and co worker totally surprised me with a bouquet of flowers.  Knowing that she cared enough to get something for me- knowing where she is and how our relationship has evolved, means the world.

I don't remember exactly when it was, but very recently I was talking with Dave and I said "I am truly happy.  I have everything I could ever want!" I have a loyal and loving husband.  I have a delightful son who loves me and treasures our relationship.  I have two fur-children that just adore me.  I have good, deep, meaningful relationships with other women that are friends and that love me for who I am.  I have an aunt who has become a second mom to me, and loves me tenderly and really gets me.  I have a sister that is my advocate and friend.  I have cool cousins that love me.  I have co workers that love me, like me, put up with me, and enjoy working with me- despite my quirks.  Most of all, I have a God who loves me so very much.  He never lets go of me, even when I let go of him, he always takes me back and shows me how much he cares.  He always provides.

I may not have a lot to give, but what I've got I'll give to you
I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love.

I had my dear friend tell me this yesterday.  Okay, not in those exact words... but seeing as I have a musical heart, and so does she, she will forgive my paraphrasing.  And that my friends is the gospel.  That is why Jesus came to this earth.  Not to make us follow a strict set of rules, but to set us free for love. 

I am loved.

No comments: