Saturday, April 19, 2008

What do you mean I forgot?


I guess I forgot to post about my weigh in this week.

OOPS!

Yeah, I showed up late, when the meeting was over. It was Tuesday, because Monday I was in Oakbrook for work. Anywho, there was three ladies in the lobby area chatting, I "know" one of them. By "know", I mean I had seen her in a meeting before and exchanged pleasantries.

So when I found out that I lost 5 pounds, she came over and gave me a high five. And, when I said that means I hit my 10% weight loss goal (ten percent of my original body weight) she gave me another high five. It was great.

So I have earned my keychain. Weight Watchers gives you a keychain in the shape of the number 10 when you hit that first goal. And so I have lost a total of 27 lbs. If you do the math, I won't stop you, you can figure out about what I weighed when I joined. Add 7 lbs. So technically I have .7lbs left to lose. But the meetings round stuff off. And so it is.

Personally, I have decided that if I can keep it off I have earned my iPod.

OOH, what type are you gonna get? Well, I have decided to get the nano because it is light enough for me to work out with, and now they have 8Meg ones, and blue!

Studies have shown that people who exercise to music lose more weight, because they enjoy their workouts more. I tend to agree. While I do workout a lot with my husband, I am straining to hear the music in the background at the gym. It gets me through the rough times and helps me to set a rhythm.

That, and I will have the iPod for my plane trip coming up which will totally help me to survive. I have downloaded several sermons from different churches, different pastors that I follow. (Perry Noble is my favorite, and he has a southern accent making it more fun to listen to. He recently has done a "Man Series" that was phenomenal.)

Well, I have totally gotten off subject, so I better go. I will update you soon with the next weigh in!

1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

Congrats at the achieved goal! That's great! (n you didn't gain it back-yay!)

At work it's been the pits since they did away with the radio music. I notice everyone is moving slower, too!

Music is a good motovator for moving. Personally I enjoy dancing to U2 on my Day Off.