Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Vacation over


No, I didn't go anywhere. I just took a break from Weight Watchers. The week+ was emotional (see previous post), and I crawled back into my grave.

Huh? Grave?

See, at service this weekend, we learned about Lazarus, and how Jesus raised him from the dead. The first thing Jesus told them was to take off his grave clothes and put on some new ones.

So, when we are given new lives through Jesus, we are supposed to take off old ways of doing things and put on new ways.

I was hurting, so I went back into my grave and pulled out my graveclothes. I ate crap. And I felt worse. I felt dead.

Yesterday I went back to my WW meeting, and worked out at the gym. While my legs were yelling at me last night at work, and I was pooped... I feel good, I feel alive.

God, please roll the stone over my grave so I never go back. I like being alive too much!

By the way, happy birthday Robin!!! (Sorry I didn't call, I was busy at the gym!)


1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

It's understandable to rebel under all the stress. I bet you didn't gain it all back yet at least!

Good luck with the sore muscles! Good thing that's not my kitty cus she'd be in big trouble!