Friday, April 18, 2008

What are you missing out on?


When we don't take good care of ourselves, we are not always able to fully enjoy life. We are asleep at the wheel so to speak.

On days when I don't eat healthy, I don't feel good. There is no getting around my tiredness. If I stay up too late, I feel it. Later on I end up dragging my zombie-like corpse around to do what needs to be done.

Research has shown that sleepy drivers are more dangerous than drunken drivers. (Not encourage you to drink, mind you. If you are tired and drunk that is even worse!)

I have gone the past 30some years of my life sleeping at the wheel, trying to get by on whatever I want to do, and not what I should do.

Recently, I have begun to go to bed earlier, wake up earlier, eat healthy, and exercise. Why didn't I do this any earlier? I tried them all, just never at the same time before. Also I never had Jesus before. Not just Jesus, but the whole Body of Christ. Friends that support and pray for me, and love me even if I did nothing. See, even if I am sleeping at the wheel, its okay because Jesus is driving, not me.

If that doesn't make sense, so be it.

What I am trying to say is that The Bible was written for a reason, and the advice given within it is not just so you can be a good person, but that so your person can be good. So you can wake up and enjoy the ride. You will have joy even when life is hard.

Believe me, life is hard right now. Dave and I are facing one of the hardest things we have ever faced in our entire lives right now. But to be honest, while it is hard, I am kind of enjoying the challenge. I am looking forward to the blessings that God has for us in this time. Dave and I are growing even closer as a couple, learning to lean on each other, accept each other and pray for each other even more than we ever have in our entire lives.

And I wouldn't be asleep at the wheel now for anything, I am holding on, eyes wide open.

No comments: