Monday, April 14, 2008

He is always there.


If it wasn't for God, I would be terrified. He is the only thing that I can look to as I face one of the most terrifying things.

I know this: God was with me when I walked through the water, and I did not get washed away when the waves crashed down. God was with me when I walked through the fire, and I did not get singed by the flames or lose a hair in the consumption. How much more so will God be there for me now?

I know this: God causes
everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. (Romans 8:28 NLT)

I know this: my husband was a gift from God, I love him so much, and thank God for him every single day.

The last words Jesus said to us (in Matthew) before he returned to Heaven: "And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

I have found so much comfort and hope in His Word. Thank you. I know that Dave and I have each other, but it is wonderful knowing that you are with us every single step of the way.

Just you wait, the spare room will not long be spare. It is all happening!

1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

You are indeed blessed to have your human life-partner, as well as your spiritual leader by your side.

It seems the older I get, the closer I feel to my Creator, in spite of the absence of any daily human companion. I know there are angels nearby, in addition to the spirit of my brother, Jesus. I never feel alone because of them.
I always feel like I have an audience-