Friday, March 7, 2008

Stressed much?


Considering I did my taxes this week, and personal things are getting to a boil, I wonder why I have been stressed?

Taxes, even though we are getting a rebate, are stressful in and of themselves. This time of year everyone walks around with the "taxes" face every once and while.

The funny thing is that I just keep getting stressed out about stuff that is totally out of my control. I mean what does it matter how someone else handles their money to me? It is NONE of my business if someone else tithes to the Kingdom or not. Yet it runs around in my head constantly. I think I am focusing on someone else's issues to keep my mind off of my own.

See, in the end it must all come down to trust. I am getting mad at someone else for not trusting God, and yet here I am getting totally stressed because that is exactly what I am not doing. I have a bunch of things that are going on in the "this is gonna happen...soon" stage and I am stressed about things I don't know. I have to put my trust into God's hands. I have to say, Lord I don't know what it is you have planned for me but it must be good, for YOU are good. You have never failed me Lord, why should I question now?

Then I quip back at myself. Its not God that I don't trust, it is me. I don't trust how I am going to handle things. Yet again, am I failing to trust that God will get me through it?

See how this cycle will never end?

Help me Lord, help me God! You are good, and I KNOW what you have planned for me is good, and I know that you won't give it to me until I can handle it. Help me to rid myself of this stress, and focus on YOU and ME and keep my nose and mind off of others.

1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

I'm certain the Creator understands how human society can really mess with us, our intentions, n bring us down.

After all, it didn't take long for Jesus to get totally screwed over by the politics of his day n get crucified for not denying his beliefs.
I wonder how much he had to pay the tax collector?

I'll just say I'm still working on state tax forms, n I'll get nothing back- for days of form work!

That tax rebate can't get here fast enough to save me! I'll have to count on Jesus n The Creator to get me thru my spring, myself!

At least they listen n understand...
Good Luck! (Don't forget to ask them for help)