Saturday, March 1, 2008

Handed the keys

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

Have you ever been handed the keys to someone else's car? It either means that they trust you immensely or their car is a piece of junk. I remember when I was a kid how my grandmother taught me to start her car for her. I thought it was the most awesome thing being able to do that. I could turn the key, I was a big girl. She trusted me with something little, and I ended up inheriting that very car. (Thank you to my folks who kept it running until I turned 16!)

Someone just handed me the keys to something. Not literally, but figuratively. To me that is so awesome. I was thinking how no one ever really trusted me to do something like that before, and how things just keep happening and I keep finding myself being trusted, or handed the keys, more and more.

See, I am also mature enough to realize that I didn't really deserve that until recently. That makes me feel just as good.

This month I turn 2 on the 19th. I really am living a resurrection life, and loving it all the way. Thanks Jesus.

1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

My big sis visited from Fl this week, n I had to drive her home from kareoki in her rental car (uninsured for other drivers-)

She kept up the back-seat driving tho!

Good analogy to being reborn in faith.