Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Setting goals that matter



I came to a realization over the weekend, and I really let is settle in, and I announced to my group yesterday my plans.

See, people have asked me how much I want to lose, and being that it is over 100 lbs, I can get overwhelmed.

My heart really wants something better for me.

My heart wants the wind in my face, the sun on my shoulders, and to be healthy enough to run.

That is right folks, after "hating" joggers my whole life I realized why. I was jealous. I have never been able to run. I want to run. I want to be able to run a mile without dying or feeling close to dying. I want to run with my friends. I want to do The Kingdom 5K that our church sponsors. I want to be free! I want to be able to keep up with my future kids.

Will you help me? Will you pray for me? God, help me to be able to run!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll do more than that, I will get in shape and run with you too.

-dve

Snaggle Tooth said...

I've actually run a few hundred feet to the parking lot on purpose a few times this year, for the first time in over a decade!

A great aspiration! Not ready for a marathon yet, tho- gotta have better ankles fierst!

Best of luck with your goal-If you don't know where you want to go, you can't try to get there!

Snaggle Tooth said...

On a related topic, I saw in the aol news that a dog in the Itinerod race died tragically...