Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Step One


We admitted we were powerless over our dependencies-- that our lives had become unmanageable.

This is me. I am on step one. I have admitted my powerlessness. In the Serenity Bible it says "A universal warning sign of all addictions is the frightening recognition that I have begun to 'do what I will not to do.'" (See Romans 7:18-20.) I have recognized that in how I behave with food.

I am powerless over food. My life has become unmanageable. I cannot control myself. I need help.

How big is this for me? Huge.

Especially because I am posting this on my blog for the world to read.

I am surely on to step 2 next.

1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

I usually go from one exteme to the other. Self-imposed starvation to pure indulgence. I have alot of will power until it comes to chocolate -

That's where I would confess!
Of course holiday time makes everyone stop dieting... winter is made for over-eating!
Good luck!