Monday, January 28, 2008

A little self praise


Things are going really well for me personally. I volunteered to help start a blog for a ministry at church, and ended up being the one to run with it. And it feels good. I feel good that my blogging has paid off, and I have experience going into this new one. I feel good that people like what I have written, although I will never take credit or put my name on the site. Mostly I feel good because its a "God job" and its something that I feel God calling me to do.

Have you ever had to tell someone something or you would just burst? That is how I feel about "God stuff" in that if I don't do it, I will burst. Not that it is something that I don't want to do, I am absolutely loving it, I want to do it, I want to do it so much that if I don't I will explode. I am finding out that I am good, that I have gifts that God has given me and I am just being able to use them.

It feels good to start living up to my potential, it feels good to live the life I never even knew I could live. This life is the good life, not cars and money and fancy clothes, but that I am filled with a peace and joy that cannot be shaken. I have my loving husband, a home (thanks God for not letting it burn down!) my loving pets, good friends, a great job with great benefits, and things just keep looking up the more I work for God.

Words cannot describe other than the quote that I think of when I see the above photo: "that'll do pig, that'll do."

1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

The photo makes me think how cute pigs are, n how similar we are to them in someways.
Self-awareness is good, but help directed at others is always more effective!