Friday, October 19, 2007

Reflections on a blade of grass


God to me is something wonderful, something I cannot get enough of. I just want to keep following his scent to see what he has in store for me. Every time I do I am never let down. Its when I go off on my own that I get into trouble.

I open up your word, and it just fills me with comfort. You wrote this just for me. Why don't others understand how awesome you are? I was one of those others. I know. Its hard to open your hands and let go. It took me forever. But YOU never let go, you kept pursuing me until I gave in. I have never been happier.

I find delight in even the blade of grass. I see creation calling out to me "Jesus is Lord!" The pain I find comes from the world, and its expectations. You know me, you know I am better than that. You want me to be all you created me to be, and then some. In your eyes, I am Captivating. I am worth rescue, and am more beautiful that any sunset. I have value in you.

What gift can I bring to one who has died so that I may live? It seems only fitting that I give my life to you. Help me. I cannot do this without you. You have resurrected, you have defeated death, you have brought me to your kingdom. Help me to live this kingdom life. Hand in hand into eternity we shall go, finding peace and joy.

I cannot do this without you, stay with me always, and help me to stay with you.

3 comments:

Snaggle Tooth said...

"Go with us" is the prayer of Moses in Exodus 33:15. I pray "Go with me" every week.

Snaggle Tooth said...

Pets make great pillows, n they don't say "You're sick, get wawey before catch it!"

Sorry you're having such a tough time! Try to get rest and lots of chicken soup with garlic! Hope it all clears up for you ASAP-

Shelley said...

Thanks so much for your love and prayers and thoughts of chicken soup...

I don't know what I would do without my cuddly aminals.

Also, thanks for the Exodus ref... I will mark it...