Thursday, October 4, 2007

Hiding out


We all have things about ourselves that we hide. It is good to hide things like your bank account and other personal information. It is good to hide stuff from strangers. When it is not good to hide is when we hide from God, ourselves, and our friends.

I am the type of person who likes to hide more from myself. If I deny that its a problem, I won't have to deal with it. And while it is true that God knows everything, I still hide things from him sometimes.

God wants us to feel free to share with him, for us to be open and have a relationship with him. That is why he sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins, so that we can have that relationship. I need to remember that God wants to see the bad parts of me too, because he wants to love them and heal them.

I cannot hide anymore. God wants me to heal some things with my dad and his new wife Jola. Now, they are back home from Poland, and I am still having to live here with them. No where to hide here. I know that God will be with me and help me to heal, grow, and love... not just with my dad and Jola, but myself as well.

This remodeling project is WAY bigger than I planned. Thanks God, you know what is best!

3 comments:

Snaggle Tooth said...

Good luck with patching things up, openly!

Snaggle Tooth said...

Woops, forgot to mention we had a dalmation/lab dog named Spike when I was a teen-

Shelley said...

Awww, dalmations are soooo gorgeous, they just have a regal look to them.