Sunday, October 7, 2007

If I were a tree


What would happen if I were a tree that used to live in darkness, but now lives in the light? What would happen if you started to water me? What would happen if you dug around and fertilized me?

I would grow. I would grow fast and more wonderfully than before.

What would happen if I started to bear fruit? What would happen when the fruit fell ripe to the ground? Would some sprout and take root? Would some grow just as tall as me, if not more?

Would those trees bear fruit? Would I start a forest of trees? Would the trees eventually take over the world? I want them to take over the world.

Not because I was that first tree, but because He hung from a tree to bring me out of the darkness into the light. He watered me, and fertilized me so that I would grow. I am growing fruit for Him. Its all for you Jesus.

2 comments:

Snaggle Tooth said...

I adore trees, n get upset when they get cut down!
A very good analogy you make. Also, some trees amazingly survive growing on a rock-cliff, with little nourishment. There's always one in the movies saving somebody from falling. I think of myself as that tree...

Shelley said...

That's an awesome tree Snagg!